Every wedding is special, but there are a few things you can do to make yours truly unique while still staying within a modest budget. With a few tweaks, you can go from run-of-the-mill event to the best wedding ever!
1. Location: In real estate, the pros know that it is all about location, location, location! Think beyond your local hall and golf course. Museums, historic homes, and opera halls make amazing locations for both wedding ceremonies and receptions. While some are truly expensive, you may be pleasantly surprised on just how affordable a unique venue can be.
2. Day/Time: If you fall in love with a special place that seems out of budget, consider shaking things up with a Thursday evening wedding or a Sunday brunch. There is no hard and fast rule that you have to do a Saturday night. Be different. In fact, the only rule is that you create a a special day for you and your guests.
3. Signature Cocktail: An open bar is a big ticket item. While going alcohol-free is always an option, there are other ways to save money. Instead of having a full bar, try offering guests wine, craft beer and cider, and a signature cocktail. This move makes your wedding stand out but doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
4. Buffet vs. Plated Meal: While serving a plated meal of steak and lobster is elegant, it is also a budget buster. Buffet catering and family-style service are less expensive options that are perfectly acceptable. In fact, you can celebrate your favorite foods or highlight your ethnic heritage with interesting buffet choices that are also economical.
5. Dessert Options: Some brides dream of the perfect 7-layer wedding cake. Others dream of ice cream sundaes with extra hot fudge. If you fall into the latter group, follow your sweet tooth's lead. Cold milk and warm chocolate chip cookies, an ice cream sundae bar, or even your grandmother's apple pie can all create a dessert that is uniquely (and affordably) you. Plus, no one tries to shove cake up your nose!
6. Late Night Snacks: A new trend in weddings is to have the caterer serve a late night snack a few hours after dinner. This is a great way to keep your guests well-fed and to make your wedding stand out from the crowd. This can be as distinct as you are, from a barista brewing up skinny lattes to a late night delivery of sliders from your favorite burger joint.
Getting creative and thinking outside of the box can yield a wedding that is both memorable and affordable.Share
15 November 2017
Hello, my name is Kate Greene, and this is my blog about food services. I'm a mother to four children, and keeping my family healthy is how I got interested in food services. When my children eat their lunch in the school cafeteria and when the whole family eats out at a restaurant, we depend on food services. These companies allow individuals to make healthy food choices while eating away from home. Food service companies distribute truckloads of food products every day to various restaurants, schools, hospitals and cafeterias. Reading my blog will help you understand the value of this service and how it's so important to everyone who eats away from home.